Packix will soon be archived but Havoc is offering a new home for many sellers.
CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES - Havoc today announced that it is launching as the successor to Packix Repository, one of the largest repositories in the jailbreaking community that served hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide since 2017.
Launching on February 15, 2022, Havoc will have a variety of high-quality packages like DLEasy, Hestia, and Lynx 2, and a lot more packages will start to be added over the coming weeks. “We noticed that sellers didn’t really have a way to truly have control over the products they sell and we wanted to change that,” said Alex Stich, Havoc’s CEO. “With Havoc’s intuitive design, sellers will be able to control more aspects about their products than ever before.
Havoc will be able to provide Packix sellers a new home with a familiar family and a brand new design that is both modern and elegant. Fan-favorite packages such as Viola, DopeConvos, and Snapper 2, are just some of the products that Havoc is proud to offer.
Here is just a sample of what Havoc has to offer it’s sellers:
- A brand new platform and dashboard, written from scratch with many quality of life improvements that provide an overall smooth experience
- An extensive teams and permissions system to allow collaboration with fellow developers & designers
- Global light & dark mode throughout the entire platform
- An energetic staff team ready to work with sellers to make the most out of their products
- Other payout options besides PayPal1
- A wide variety of package pricing tiers starting at $0.99
- And more…
All Packix sellers along with the rest of the jailbreak community are invited to apply to Havoc. Those transferring from Packix will find a seamless, automated transfer process with little to no effort on their end. Those who would like to transfer to Havoc from another repo can do so right from the marketplace tab in their account page without leaving the site.
Since January 1, 2021, Packix has received more than 11,000 support requests which have been handled by an amazing support team (Adam & Aaron) and Havoc looks forward to bringing them over to help all of their customers and sellers.
Why is Packix closing its doors?
With Packix’s previous owner, Andrew Wiik working hard on other jobs or projects as of recent, not much time, effort, or love was given to Packix and thus, it started to decrease in quality and functionality. Many sellers voiced their feedback and concerns and up until now, it fell on deaf ears as there was nobody around to listen. Alex, or as most of the community knows him as leftyfl1p, saw what was becoming of Packix and set out to fix all of these issues one by one by creating what is now known as Havoc.
Alex joined the jailbreak community back in 2010 and has been an active contributor as well. Back in 2014 when the jailbreak for iOS 9 was released, Alex joined the developer community and released his first tweak, AlienBlue++ which was beloved by the community. Since then, he has created many highly-downloaded tweaks including the popular tweak, CarBridge. Since its launch in 2018, it has been one of Packix’s best-selling tweaks and continues to be a fan favorite.
- Havoc launches today, February 15, 2022.
- As of today, February 15, 2022, Packix will no longer be accepting new packages.
- Updates to existing packages will be accepted until May 15, 2022 (3 Months).
- Purchasing packages will be disabled on May 15, 2022 (3 Months).
- On August 15, 2022 (6 Months), Packix will be put into a state of archival. This means free tweaks will remain accessible to the jailbreak community forever2.
- Paid packages at this time will be taken down but over the 6 month period, we will be making many efforts to get in contact with all of the sellers who have not found a new home yet.
You can check out Havoc today at havoc.app
To add Havoc to your package manager, add
https://havoc.app to your sources.
Emails will be sent out later today to all Packix sellers with additional information about this transition and what they need to do to apply to Havoc.
1 Varies by country
2 Sellers will still be able to email us to take down free packages after this period.